Welcome to the documentation for Portable GIS¶
Portable GIS is a set of open source GIS programs designed to be run from a USB stick, in windows, with no installation or configuration. It’s hosted at portablegis.xyz, where you will also find details of the latest versions of the packages included. This documentation is split into two sections:
- User Documentation: Using Portable GIS
- Developer Documentation: Setting up your own build environment for Portable GIS, from the repository at gitlab.com/archaeogeek/portable-gis. Note that currently there are only instructions for building a development environment in windows.
- For problems with the documentation, please submit an issue at gitlab.com/archaeogeek/portable-gis-docs/issues
- For problems with the source code then please submit an issue at gitlab.com/archaeogeek/portable-gis/issues.
- Portable GIS v6.0 User Documentation